Pre-Wired Guitar wiring harness | 58 Flying V kit | Right Handed
I usually make harnesses to order, due to the variety of spec options that could be chosen across the range. The waiting time for harness orders is around 3-5 working days depending on quantity of orders in at the time and your order will be updated accordingly when dispatched.
The iconic Flying V. I would have really loved to have seen the reaction back when these were introduced to the music world back in the late 50s. This is my flying V harness for the 58 era model, it features independant volume controls for each pickup and a master tone control.
Many of the Korina style 58 V's having gold hardware, but you may want nickel parts depending on your model, so I offer it with gold hardware options for both the nut used on the toggle switch, and the jack socket.
I have intended for my wiring harnesses to be as simple as possible to install to your Flying V, as well as writing in depth fitting guides, how-to instructions documenting the step by step process as well as a simple to follow wiring diagram.
The parts I use, in particular the pots, are US made CTS branded pots which are imperial measurements. If you're fitting this harness to a far east built variant for example such as a Epiphone or similar, then you may have to widen the holes in the pickguard to accommodate for these imperial measurement pots.
For reference, the CTS pots I use in this harness have a shaft diameter of 9.5mm and I tend to widen the body holes to 10mm to suit.
You may also require new control knobs to fit the CTS pot 'split shaft' diameter of 5.95mm and 24 spline.
If you do require US spec control knobs, we do carry a selection of popular options in stock and they can be viewed in the hardware & plastic hardware categories on the store.
Centre to centre measurements between components are -
Centre of Switch to centre of volume 1 - 3.7mm
Centre of volume 1 to centre of volume 2 - 5mm
Centre of volume 2 to centre of volume 3 - 5.4mm
(Wires leading to jack socket left over length so it can be fed through the body wire channel and cut to length when in situ)
- CTS 'TVT' Series +/-10% Tolerance short shaft pots - 550k, split shaft pots as standard
- SoZo Yellow Mustard .022uF capacitor (If you'd prefer a different value capacitor, do please get in touch and I'd be happy to help, but as standard all of my kits come with .022uF value)
- Gavitt 22AWG cloth covered wire
- Switchcraft 3 way short frame toggle switch (Or Switchcraft right angle toggle depending on your guitar's cavity specs, I'll get in touch to discuss :) )
- Pure Tone multi contact jack socket
- Soldered using Rapid 22SWG lead-free solder