Signature Series Pre-Wired P-Bass Bass harness kit
I usually make harnesses to order, due to the various options that could be chosen. The waiting time for harness orders is around 3-5 working days depending on quantity of orders in at the time. I'll always endeavor to turn orders around within that time frame and your order will be updated accordingly when dispatched.
About Pre-Wired Harnesses
After introducing harnesses to my line-up back in 2015, listening to customer feedback, undertaking my own testing & taking on board customer requests over that time, I've come to find my favourite specs & components to use. I decided to name these my 'Signature Series', which I suppose is just a fancy way of saying I trust these components in providing you & your guitar a solid replacement and/or upgrade.
I wrote an extensive article about replacing your guitar's wiring harness, answering the main questions about each component and the potential differences and improvements that can be had in doing so. To read the full article, click Here!
The series features a UK made +/-3% tolerance .022uF polypropylene film capacitor and Pure Tone multi contact jacks as standard. Along with the brilliant CTS 'TVT' series +/-5% tolerance pots and Gavitt 22AWG wire.
If you're fitting this harness to perhaps a copy, standard import or Japanese built Precision Bass for example which often have metric sized shaft pots originally, you may need to widen the holes in your pickguard etc to accommodate the slightly larger imperial US made quality pots we use. If you are fitting this harness to a USA built P-Bass, there is a good chance it already has imperial, US spec components meaning this will be a direct fit. CTS 'TVT' pots I use in this harness have a shaft diameter of 9.5mm.
You may also require new control knobs to fit the CTS pot 'spline' diameter of 6.35mm for solid shaft versions and 5.95mm for split shaft versions.
If you do require US spec control knobs, we do carry a selection of popular options in stock and they can be viewed in the hardware & plastic hardware categories on the store.
Centre to centre measurements between components are -
Centre of Volume pot to centre of tone pot - 56mm
Centre of tone pot to centre of jack socket - 65mm
You will find a handy fitting guide to harnesses here
For the wiring diagram to follow during fitting -
P-Bass wiring diagram
Specs and options
- CTS 'TVT' Series +/-5% Tolerance long shaft pots - 250k, Solid shaft as standard. If you require split shaft pots, please add the notes on the comments section at the checkout.
- I now also offer the option of 250k ot 500k pots depending on your preference in a P Bass. There's no strict right or wrong on this, but after a few inquiries of P Bass players looking for a broader tonal range and opting for 500k pots instead, I've decided to offer this an option. 250k is traditionally the standard choice for P Bass.Note 500k are only available with split shaft.
- UK made +/-3% tolerance .022uF polypropylene film capacitor
- Pure Tone multi contact jack socket
- USA made Gavitt 22AWG wire