Home of Tone 'treble bleed' kits - Various types


These Treble Bleed kits are made using high quality components, as with all of our items here and hand soldered here at the Home of Tone. I have been trying to put together a good collection of popular treble bleed cap and resistor combinations for those that are either experimenting with treble bleed kits or already have a specific requirement in mind.

Treble bleed kits are a simple mod, and very easy to wire in. They simply wire on the input and output lugs of your guitar's volume control pot and the result is a smoothed out treble and a more uniform tone from 1 to 10. Reducing the treble drop out as the volume pot rolls off. But different values or wiring style can vary in it's response and which is the 'best' truly is personal taste though I'm afraid! I have written a blog article on the subject, which may well help you find the right one for you or help in your experimentation. There is also a brief description of each below. You can read that main article HERE

How does they work?
The treble bleed mod takes the 'high' treble tone frequencies out of the circuit at the volume pot, and puts them back in the circuit as the signal leaves the volume pot. This means the treble frequencies are prevented from naturally bleeding out of the circuit as your turn your volume pot down. 

These are listed individually. If you purchase one 'kit' you will receive one cap and resistor, pre soldered and ready to solder onto your volume pot. So if for example you have a Les Paul, you will require x2 Treble Bleed Kits if you wish to have them on both volume controls. If you have a Telecaster or a Stratocaster for example, you will just need to purchase x1.


.001uF cap & 120kOhm resistor (Parallel) - This is a solid choice for most players and guitar types. To make things a bit easier, I have been offering this as the standard choice in my wiring harness kits for years and customer feedback has been great. 

.0012uF Capacitor & 150kOhm Resistor (Parallel, with an additional 20kOhm resistor in Series) - Commonly seen in factory Fender instruments for example

.0012uF Capacitor & 130kOhm Resistor (Series) - The popular 'Kinman' mod.

.001uF Capacitor & 100kOhm Resistor (Parallel) - Popular choice on Seymour Duncan wiring diagrams for their pickups

680pF Capacitor & 150kOhm Resistor (Parallel) - Commonly seen installed on Suhr instruments

560pF Capacitor & 300kOhm Resistor (Parallel) - Popular choice on DiMarzio wiring diagrams for their pickups

Some variants are in stock and available, but I am in need of a re-stock of a few others so I'll be ordering the components and making fresh batches very soon!